Tuesday 7 May 2013

Hildenborough 5 Mile Road Race

This was my individual debut, having taken up running at the end of August last year. Back story; The London olympics (Mo Farah in particular) inspired me to take up running and I found a local club (Tonbridge Athletic Club), that were hosting an evening for people new to the sport and I fell in love from there. I was already signed up with a local Sunday League football team and thought that the running would supplement my fitness in the sport.

I had not run this distance before (approx 8km), so did not know what time to expect, but was aiming to beat 40 minutes. The weather was hot (approx 17 degrees celsius), with a start time of 2.30pm (the race was started by Dame Kelly Holmes) and the total number of runners in the 5 mile race was 65, with many others running from my club.

I finished the race in 35 minutes and 22 seconds, which I was very pleased with and finished in a respectable 16th place (a trademark sprint finish, saw me overtake another runner before the line, finishing 1 second ahead of him).

No comments:

Post a Comment