Monday 1 July 2013

Bupa London 10k - Monday 27th May 2013

This was my first attempt at this distance and I went into the race with the intention of beating 45 mins.

The whole event was rather overwhelming, with approximately 11,000 runners taking part, including a certain, Mo Farah. The event was very well run and organised - especially the bag drop!

The race was started in 10 different waves, with the elite runners starting first. The only downside to this system, due to the number of runners is that those in the first few waves (I was in wave 3) have a long wait (almost an hour) as all the other runners behind get into position.

However, I couldn't have asked for better weather, it was 17 degrees, with clear blue sky and the support the entire way round was immense and it really keeps you going!

I finished the race in 44.26 and therefore very pleased! I would definitely recommend this race to both experienced runners and beginners alike. The course is relatively flat and the atmosphere is indescribable, I shall definitely be racing again next year, though I will be looking to break the 40 minute mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment